Labels

Friday, April 22, 2011

Marathon Medal Hanger

This was my Husbands Christmas present. He had all his medals wadded up in a drawer and I think a Marathon is a thing to be proud of.
In looking around on google, all the medal hangers were like $40-60$, way too much for me.
So I went to this great shop called the Wood Connection and bought this unpainted board. It was originally for FHE board, but it works for me. Then I painted it black with 2 coats and then sanded the corners to give it that distressed look. I did a layer of gloss clear sealant. Using my (my mom's) Cricut I cut out the words. It was hard to get the letters on in just the right way, I need to get that contact paper for laying on vinyl. It took me awhile to find something that suited my husband, but I really like it.
I need to make myself one now.
 The medal's are from: Halloween half, Utah Valley full, St. George full, and Painters (St. George) half.
I started selling these on my Etsy shop.
Here is the link:


1 comment:

  1. Medal Hangers make for great Christmas presents! I think your husband made the right choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog. I love getting comments, and will try to visit you in return.