Labels

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Colonial Williamsburg and Beautiful Virginia

So, I know that this is not a craft, but I just have to post about my recent trip to the beautiful state of Virginia. From the moment I stepped out of the airport I loved it and it is one of the few places that I could imagine living, something this desert girl never thought would happen in such a flat, moist place. I went with my folks and we did the whole Historic Triangle: Jamestown, Williamsburg, and Yorktown. It was so nice, I learned so much about America and it's foundation. I Thought I would share a few of my favorite photo's, so bear with me....it is vacations pictures (dun, dun, dun)

This was the first bathroom we saw, and I thought it was just too funny.

The beautiful and fragrant Magnolia, my new favorite flower. I wish they would grow here.

The folks in silly hats. I think this is one of my favorite pics.

The crest of England. I had no idea that they had a Unicorn on their crest! I was walking along, looked up and thought "nice horse....wait! that horse has a horn! It's a unicorn!"


The gardens at the "Palace".


The Magnolia tree that want in my yard. My silly dad made me pose, showing the flowers off.


The garden that I want. This is a herb garden! I wish that I could get my poor garden to look even half like this.


On the Palace Green

My dad. He and I pretended to get impaled on the spikes. I think he really looks dead. This is where I get my weirdness from. There was a big crowd of people off to the side and I'm sure they thought we were crazy...or really cool and wishing they could act dead too.

A 200+ year old Oak. I took this pic on the the lame ghost tour. You see no ghosts do you?


The Indian hut I would prefer to live in over the colonial homes.

My dad being silly on a ship.


In the church in Jamestowns. It was very warm so we got fans. I would pretend that I was a southern belle and have a thick southern accent. I'm sure it was very annoying.

The Colonial Highway. I got to run along it, and the whole time I was thinking about the history that took place on it. I felt like if I looked quick enough into the trees I would see some Indians in their deer skins. If I listened hard enough I would hear the wagons and horses that traversed the road 200 years ago. At about mile 3, dripping with sweat and humidity, I really felt for any of the soldiers that had to march along in their hot uniforms.

Jamestown from the HUGE (at least to me) James river. I got to cross the river right where John Smith and Comp. did! Very cool. I was a little giddy about it.

Another pic of the Colonial Highway. So beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pix! I have a magnolia bush in my yard, just fyi. You can come smell the flowers if you want to. I thought you said the ghost tour was cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog. I love getting comments, and will try to visit you in return.