Thursday, February 24, 2011

Vintage Aprons

Here are 2 aprons that I made for my sister and mother-in-law this spring. They were really easy. I just looked at a bunch of vintage aprons and then sketched, on a piece of wrapping paper, a pattern. (I transfer all my patterns on thicker wrapping paper so they last more than one time.) Since it was an apron, it was really easy and I didn't have to worry about it the fit too much. Each apron was a yard of fabric and almost 2 packages of bias tape. Sorry the pictures are so blurry.
I really liked this one, it had the retro feel that was perfect for my mother-in-law.

This on I gathered the bodice and then attached the lower half, covering with bias tape. I used the tape for the ties in the back. If I made this one again I think I would add a bow or flower in the front center and make larger ties in the back.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Emily! These aprons are darling. You are so talented. Please keep posting. It's so fun to see the amazing things you create. Love ya!


Thanks for Visiting my blog. I love getting comments, and will try to visit you in return.